The town also known as Thanlyn is a port of southwestern nation which was used to be a port of the Portuguese and French and part of the Mon kingdom. 16th century Burmese King, Alaungpaya conquered the Mons and their French allies and put them into slavery, after, the port town became an oil refinery region under British colony. The land, nowadays, has massively undergone changes that it will be quite a fine spot to explore if you have some spare time while in land where you can also see the long-lasting port, a tiny island temple in the river, for a half day.
Taungyi is the capital of the Shan State. It is the extreme limit in the East for the travellers and it is also the reason for which one finds in the neighborhoods of Taungyi all kinds of nonofficial markets of ruby, and opiates in all kinds.
It is a very active city, which accommodated many immigrants. Along the streets one can see, temples, mosques, and churches. It is recommended to be there for full moon of Tazaungmon in November.
* The traditional market, " Myoma market ", high colors.
* The museum particularly interesting for its ethnographic part, devoted to the minorities that live in the State.
* The speciality of the city, the manufacture of cigars (cheroot) My Oat.
* The Sulamani pagoda.
Excursion of the day in boat by the river of Yangon, to the small village of Twante which perpetuates since the Mon kingdom the ancestral and primitive traditions of the potters of the delta. Visit old pagoda (Mon) of Shwemokhtaw. Excursion of the day in boat by the river of Yangon, to the small village of Twante which perpetuates since the Mon kingdom the ancestral and primitive traditions of the potters of the delta. Visit old pagoda (Mon) of Shwemokhtaw.
An astonishing city, built with English with long rectilinear avenues and streets that are cut to right angle. In the center around stripped plaster colonial buildings, of the green residential districts with the very luxurious ones and comfortable houses, built around the lakes, give its nickname of " City of the gardens " of Asia to Yangon. The unit does not resemble for the moment any of these cities noisy and vibrating, which knows Asia.
Burma opens in the world after a long period of closing, the bazaars are still very " rustic " and environment good child. Burma moves, changes and its capital is the reflection. The hotels push like mushrooms and the road traffic is in strong progression. The history here merges with the history of most beautiful and the largest monument of the city, the Shwedagon pagoda.
Burma is called today, Myanmar and Rangoon, Yangon.
* The Shwedagon pagoda whose origins are lost with more than 2000 years, which is one of the most beautiful pagodas of the world and the most significant monument for the Buddhists. Rebuilt unceasingly, clearing unceasingly, it does not have any more an age and seems like Buddha to come from eternity. Its dome covered with gold sheets raises with the top of a hill, which dominates Yangon, of which it is the symbol, and for the pelerines the headlight and the object of all the devotions. It is not useless to see Shwedagon when one arrives to Burma and also before leaving.
* The Sule pagoda, in full centre town.
* The Botataung pagoda on the edges of Irrawady.
* The national museum.
* The market Bogyoke, immense market hall, which makes it possible to have an idea rather right of that entire one, can find in this country.
* Mahawizaya, with its ceiling glass of peppermint cordial.
* Chauk Htat Gyi, the immense Buddha lying.
Finally the parks are rather numerous and always allow a cordial contact with the birmans that are more accessible.